Indian-ish Green Chile & Cherry Tomato Paneer
Our fave Priya Krishna's Indian-ish recipe - spicy-bright Green Chili & Cherry tomato pickle with our delicious ghee-fried paneer.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (from about half a lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 4 long Indian green chiles or serrano chiles, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6oz Sach Original Paneer (1 block)
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- Heat the butter or ghee in a non-stick pan, add the block of Sach Paneer and fry for 4 – 6 minutes stirring occasionally until golden and crisp. Remove from the heat.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Once the oil begins to shimmer, toss in the fennel seeds, nigella seeds, cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, and fenugreek seeds. Cook until the spices look slightly browned and start to sputter. Stir the asafetida (if using) and then add the chiles. Cook for 2 minutes, until the chiles brown and crisp on the sides.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the tomatoes, and immediately transfer to a serving bowl so that the tomatoes stop cooking. Gently mix in the salt and lime juice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with the ghee roasted paneer