How to make Saag Paneer is a question we hear a lot! A family favorite for years #saagpaneer is perfect for when you need something quick with minimal ingredients. Ready in just 20mins and packed with flavor and protein, this recipe will soon become a family favorite.
Want to make it even more yummy? Try it with an extra knob of butter or some ghee on the top 🤩Serving Size: 4
Photo by: Bebe Black Carminito
- 1 Pack (6oz) of Sach Original Paneer, cubed
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 8oz baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1-2 small green chili
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp red chili powder
- 1tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- Kosher salt (To taste)
- To prepare the Sauce; Blanch baby spinach in 3 quarts boiling water for about 2mins or until the spinach wilts. Drain the wilted spinach into a colander and run under ice cold water until cooled.
- Place blanched spinach, cilantro and green chili in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee/butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil is glistening add the cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, and sliced shallots. Fry for a few minutes until starting to sizzle and spurt. Add red chili powder, turmeric, salt and let bloom for 2 minutes. Add the greek yogurt, and the spinach puree, stirring every so often until the sauce comes to a boil.
- If the sauce starts to feel a bit dry, add a quarter cup water to loosen it.
- Add cubed paneer, garam masala, lime juice and 1tbsp cream (optional) and let it cook for 3-4mins. Remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with a knob of butter along with steamed rice or naan.