Crispy Fried Paneer Burger
Photo by: Deepika Kalla
- 2 Pack (6oz) The Original Paneer, cut into 1" cubes
- 4 brioche buns
For the dry mixture:
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
For the flour mixture:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or any other flour of your choice - gluten-free, rice flour, corn starch all work well)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- About 2-3 cups of Grapeseed oil or any oil of your choice
- Cut the paneer crosswise into two rectangles that are each about 1/2 inches wide.
- In a large bowl, whisk and combine together flour with all the spices, salt and pepper. Add water gradually and whisk well to make a paste of pouring consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, salt and smoked paprika for making dry coating.
- Dip the paneer slice first in the wet flour coating and then roll it in the dry breadcrumb mixture. Batter it twice for a thick coating.
- Preheat Grapeseed oil to 350F in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet. Fry the paneer patty until golden-brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain the paneer of any excess grease on a paper towel-lined plate or on a wire rack
- Stack the burgers in the brioche buns with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onions, crispy paneer patty and the spicy mayo.