Haryali Paneer Tikka AKA Green-Goddess Paneer Skewers
Servings: Serves 2 as a main or 4 as an appetizer
Photo by: Deepika Kalla (@thedeeperlivingeats)
- 1 Pack (6oz) The Original Paneer, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 medium sized onion, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 green bell pepper or jalapeños, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tsp dry kasoori methi (optional)
- 1 tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Amchoor/dry mango powder or sumac (optional)
- 1 tbsp toasted besan/chickpea flour (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mustard oil or olive oil, sizzling
- Kosher Salt
Cut the paneer into 1" cubes and set aside.
- To make the marinade: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add greek yogurt, chopped ginger, lemon juice and minced garlic. Transfer to a food processor and blend to combine. Once blended, add all the spices and oil to the marinade. Whisk to combine. Season with salt.
- Cut the onion, green bell pepper or vegetables of your choice into 1-inch cubes. Add cubed paneer and vegetables to the marinade, and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning. Marinate for as long as you can, minimum of 30 minutes.
- Add the paneer and veggies to a skewer and grill.
- Serve immediately with sautéed kale on the side.