Chef Maneet's Paneer Kathi Roll
Photo by: Mackenzie Smith Kelley
- Stir together yogurt, garlic, ginger, garam masala, lemon juice, chaat masala, and turmeric in a medium bowl until combined; measure 1/4 cup yogurt marinade into a separate small bowl. Add onion and bell pepper to remaining marinade in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Add paneer to 1/4 cup marinade in small bowl; toss to coat. Cover each bowl; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500°F with oven rack 6 inches from heat source. Spread marinated vegetable mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Roast in preheated oven until mixture is just charred in spots, about 12 minutes, stirring once halfway through cook time. Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to broil. Stir marinated paneer into vegetable mixture on baking sheet. Return to oven, and broil until paneer is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; toss with salt. Cover to keep warm; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 200°F.
- Make the cabbage salad: Rinse onion under cold water; drain. Stir together onion, cabbage, lime juice, jaggery, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble the rolls: Cook tortillas/paranthas according to package directions. Place an 8-inch square piece of aluminum foil on a work surface; place tortilla/parantha on foil so that tortilla is half on foil and half on work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon spicy mango-mint chutney (or any spread of your choice) evenly over paratha. Spread 1/3 cup cabbage salad in center of paratha; top with about 1/3 cup paneer filling. Roll up tortilla burrito-style, folding bottom up and sides in toward center, using foil to secure.
- Repeat process using remaining tortillas, chutney, cabbage salad, and paneer filling.