Roasted Caulilini, Paneer, Mixed Lentil Salad
Add some green and crunch to the table with Nik Sharma’s @abrowntable Paneer Lentil Salad from his book Season. Lightly roasted Caulilini or Cauliflower, nutty lentils and the fresh cilantro-oil dressing over our creamy peppery Turmeric paneer is the perfect way to kick off the first holiday of spring.
Recipe by : Chef Nik Sharma via Season
Photo by: Deepika Kalla
- 1 Pack (6oz) Turmeric Twist Paneer , cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup (100g) black lentils
- 1 small cauliflower or a bunch of baby cauliflower (Caulilini)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white & green parts)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro oil dressing
Cilantro Oil Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Rinse the lentils in a fine mesh strainer under cold running water. Transfer to a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1inch. Bring to a rolling boil over medium high-heat, turn the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, until tender but not mushy, 30- 60 mins. The cooking time will vary depending on how old the lentils are, so check them every 5mins after the first 30mins. Drain lentils through a mesh strainer and set on a clean kitchen towel to absorb any remaining liquid.
- While the lentils are cooking are cooking, roast the cauliflower/Caulilini and paneer. Break the cauliflower into bite size florets and transfer to a roasting pan. Add the paneer. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil, mixing to coat evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until the florets and paneer are crispy on the outside and feel tender when pierced with a fork or knife, 20- 25 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and gently stir in the drained lentils and scallions. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve warm or at a room temperature.