Indian Tea Sandwiches
Tea sandwiches are always a favorite around the picnic table, but you can kick it up a notch by adding Chaat-Masala spiced paneer to your tea sandwiches.
Servings: Makes about 6 sandwiches
Recipe by: Shweta Garg (masalaandchai.com)
- 12 slices white bread
Chutney Egg Salad
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- ½ tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup microgreens
- 6 oz Turmeric Twist Paneer
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cilantro-mint chutney
- Remove crust from the bread.
- Bring a small pot to boil. Boil the eggs for 7-8 minutes and peel them. Chop up the eggs into bite-sized pieces and toss with mango chutney, chili powder, and salt to taste. Give everything a toss until completely combined.
- To assemble: Spread the eggs and chutney on one side of the bread. Spread out the microgreens on another slice and combine the slices.
- While the eggs are boiling, chop the cucumber into thin slices.
- To assemble: On one slice, spread out the softened butter. Top it with 8-12 slices of cucumber. On the other slice, spread about a tablespoon of the cilantro-mint chutney. Combine the slices.
- Thinly slices the paneer into rectangles. In a frying pan, melt ghee and fry paneer for 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown. Slice the tomato.
- To assemble: Layer one slice of bread with 3 slices of paneer. Add 2-3 slices of tomatoes to the other side. Sprinkle about ½ tsp of chaat masala over the tomatoes. Combine the slices.
- Cut each sandwich into half diagonally and serve.