Paneer Tart with Rosemary Potatoes & Creamy Mascarpone
Creamy paneer, wafer-thin potatoes, and a hint of rosemary. Using ready-rolled puff pastry means you can rustle up this beautiful, savory tart in no time.
Little prep, so much flavor!! Perfect for a lazy weekend meal.
Photo by: Shruti Thundiyil
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Sach Turmeric Twist paneer, cubed
- 1/2 cup mascarpone or cream cheese of your choice
- 1 1/4 cups new potato or other waxy potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Roll the puff pastry dough and layer it on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Using a fork, prick it in the center so it doesn’t puff up. Then, using a sharp knife, score two finger-width rectangles from the edge. Refrigerate until needed.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into ½ cm-thick slices. Drop them into a pan of boiling salted water and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes or until just tender. Do watch them as all potatoes cook differently, and you don't want the slices to fall apart. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with EVO, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread the mascarpone over the pastry, top with the sliced marinated potato, and cook for 20-25 minutes. Add cubed paneer and cook for another 7-8mins or until golden and pastry is cooked.