Roasted Paneer Tacos with Sweet Potatoes, Chickpeas & Cilantro-Mint Raita
Paneer and Chickpeas tacos with Cilantro-mint Raita – A recipe for about the simplest taco night ever! Low-effort, nourishing, and light - It is a “fancy” dinner that is super easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Photo by: Mackenzie Smith Kelley
- 1 Pack (6oz) of Sach Original Paneer, cubed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of diced sweet potatos, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or Ghee
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder or other mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped herbs - a mixture of cilantro, and mint
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- zest of one lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Sprinkle with red chili flakes
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed cilantro, finely chopped
- Marinate the paneer, sweet potato and chickpeas: In a medium bowl, whisk together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, lime juice, olive oil. Stir in cubed paneer, sweet potatoes and chickpeas. Marinate for 10-15mins.
- Set a medium skillet to medium heat. Once the oil begins to sizzle, add the marinated paneer, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas. Roast for a few minutes, until the paneer is roasted, sweet potatoes are cooked, and chickpeas become slightly crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Season again with salt, if needed.
- For the dip: Mix all the ingredients but the chili flakes together, and top it with chili.
- Assemble the taco: Take a corn tortilla and top it with a generous serving of roasted paneer and chickpeas. Top it with the Cilantro-mint Raita. Garnish with minced cilantro and pickled red onion.