Pista Kesar Malai Ladoo
These traditional Indian sweets are an age-old delicacy and are often served in celebrations. These delicious Ladoos are easy to make and require only a handful of ingredients.
Recipe by: Chef Surbhi Sahni, executive chef & owner of TAGM
- 12 oz Sach Paneer The Original, crumbled
- 12 oz Khoya, crumbled
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- A pinch of Herati Saffron Strands by Burlap & Barrel
- ⅔ cup pistachios, crushed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- More crushed pistachios, to finish
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and add saffron to toast briefly.
- In the same pan, add cream and stir until warm.
- Add crumbled paneer and Khoya and stir continuously.
- Mash the mixture nicely using a wooden spoon until it is smooth entirely. Make sure to stir continuously. Mixture will start to have that bright yellow color.
- Add crushed pistachios and mix completely. Add white sugar and stir.
- Continue to heat it for a few more minutes until the mixture all comes together.
- Switch off heat and let it come to room temperature.
- Once it cools enough, grease your palm and divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Shape them into small balls or any size desired.
- Finish it with more crushed pistachios on top and they are ready to serve. Keep your ladoos refrigerated.