SICHUAN PANEER LETTUCE WRAPS
Recipe & Photo by: Deepika Kalla (@thedeeperlivingeats)
- 1 Pack (6oz) The Original Paneer, cut into 1" cubes
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Fly By Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 medium sized onion, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely diced (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Thai chilli (optional)
- 10-20 lettuce leaves
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the paneer into 1" cubes and set aside.
- In a pan or a wok, heat sesame oil and once hot, add the finely chopped garlic, ginger and fresh Thai chili and fry briefly at high heat for about a minute.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in sugar, Fly By Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp, rice vinegar, and mix together until all the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Add cubed paneer, onions, celery, mushrooms, and salt to taste; gently toss to coat the paneer in the Sichuan sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep celery crunchy!
- To serve, scoop a spoonful or two of the Sichuan Paneer into a piece of iceberg lettuce and top with thinly sliced cucumbers, green onions or cilantro.